Facebook Marketing Review – A Third Party Review of Using Facebook Marketing
Facebook is fast becoming the most popular website in all of internet land. Roughly more than 500 million people are registered Facebook users. Currently Facebook is the number 2 ranked website on the internet. Facebook is a worldwide phenomenon; hence as a business owner you have access to the entire world in terms of accessibility to markets. Here are some quick Facebook facts:
– 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
– Average user has 130 friends
– People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
– There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
– Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
– Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
– More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month
– More than 70 translations available on the site
– About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
– Over 300,000 users friendfilter for facebook helped translate the site through the translations application
– Entrepreneurs and developers from more than 190 countries build with Facebook Platform
– People on Facebook install 20 million applications every day
– Every month, more than 250 million people engage with Facebook on external websites
– Since social plugins launched in April 2010, an average of 10,000 new websites integrate with Facebook every day
– More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including over 80 of com Score’s U.S. Top 100 websites and over half of com Score’s Global Top 100 websites
– There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices
– People that use Facebook on their mobile devices is twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users
– There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
Very few people realize the powerful value of Facebook as a means to market to literally millions of people. Most people use Facebook to connect with friends and family. The most successful internet marketers out there are using the immense power of Facebook to build their business.
As a member of Facebook there are several inherent advantages which you can take advantage of. Facebook users are allowed to post notes, make groups, syndicate content with thousands of friends and add videos.
How can you use Facebook to grow your business?
Below are the steps to create a lasting and powerful marketing influence on Facebook. The four steps are:
1. Create a fun and compelling profile page
2. Create a group with your name in the title
3. Create a fan page with your picture and name
4. Add 25 targeted friends a day
Business success is all about building relationships. As such, the most important resource on Facebook is people. Therefore, one of the most important aspects of your Facebook marketing campaign is the number and type of friends you have on Facebook. There are many people with very few friends on marketing. On the other hand some people have a lot of friends but these friends are non-targeted friends. It is important to remember that you should never add no more than 5 friends within 5 minutes on Facebook in order avoid the risk of Facebook banning your account.
For your Facebook marketing strategies it is important to bear in mind that people only want to do business with people they know, like and trust. I encourage you to create a fun and compelling profile page. It is important to be as real as possible and inspiring on your profile. Make your profile attractive to others and focus on connecting with people who visit your profile.
To further increase the level of targeted friends you acquire in Facebook, you will want to join targeted groups. Join groups related to your niche or the type of audience or group of people you are seeking to target. In addition, when you begin joining these groups the other group members will begin to add you as a friend.
The third step to increasing your brand and get your Facebook marketing activities is to create a group of your own. To brand yourself as a leader online, you will want to brand yourself by placing your name in the title of the group. In addition, be sure to associate your face with your group. There are several advantages of building your personalized group on Facebook such as: unlimited number of people in your group, ability to message all your group members, and the ability to create invites for business opportunity events.
As with all other forms of marketing, the key is to position yourself as a leader in your niche. You should aim to brand yourself as subject matter expert in your particular niche. Focus on the value you would like to add to your target market which helps you to be highly responsive and enable you to proactively meet the needs of your following on Facebook.
After you’ve built your brand on Facebook as a leader in your niche, established good relationships with your friends and provided tons of value to your prospects, you should then seek to introduce your prospects to your business opportunity.